View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAIitp Part 60: Still Going Strong

1. - Top - End - #230
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAIitp Part 60: Still Going Strong

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    My current understanding of gender is a concept that humans made up. the definition is entirely arbitrary and subject to both change over time and extreme variance in interpretation by distinct individuals.

It's really only important for social reasons, and honestly, those social reasons can go screw themselves for all I care, and for the psychological reason of "identifying as this gender makes me feel good/bad on the inside."

At the end of the day the only definition of gender that matters is the one that makes you happy.
    I would 100% agree with you… but the problem is that we can no longer discus “sex” without having to detangle it from gender.

I also get a lot of gatekeeping from friends who say that because I currently think of myself as a man, I will always be a man, no matter what I do to transition, which is a weird ideological horseshoe that starts to sound a lot like transphobic people telling me that Because I was born with a Y chromosome I will always be a man no matter what I do to transition.
    Last edited by Talakeal; 2022-08-02 at 04:39 PM.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.