Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
As a quick warning the TARRESQUES AS CHARACTERS section giving rules for a PC doesn’t include the racial hit die as a racial feature, meaning a strict RAW reading makes this a 0 RHD +2 LA race; this can best be described as the Feral + Mineral Warrior templates on crack. With RHD it’s a good race that I would call amazing as a fighter/Barbarian/initiator.
Thank you!! I was so focused on formatting sections 1 and 3 that I completely forgot to finish section 2... That should have everything in there now!

Going to add the Tome of Battle variant in Section 4 (Post 2), with the Monk level replaced by an Unarmed Swordsage for those that play with ToB. I love it, but I've found a surprising amount of people swear it off!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
This level adjustment seems low. These guys are much better than minotaurs -- significantly higher stats, faster, better senses, resist 5 most things, and regenerate. And minotaurs have a +2. And I don't see "Love of Nature" in there to calm them down. I mean, they even engage in combat as if they're Large, use armor/weapons as if they're medium, and eat/drink as if they're small. That's kind of a lot for +2. And am I misreading it, or do they have racial Con poison?
Love of Nature is in there now, the "As Characters" section was missing a few things!

The Minotaur is probably a poor comparison, as even the designers knew he was under-powered as an ECL 8 at only CR 4. Unfortunately, there's a lot of imbalance in the original RHD/LA settings, which is why there's been a long, ongoing LA Re-assignment project here on the Playground!

Looking up Minotaur, the Playground considers that race to be a Tier 4 LA 0 Race for ECL6 that really only shines in an Ubercharger build (Capable of doing one thing quite well, but often useless when encounters require other areas of expertise, or capable of doing many things to a reasonable degree of competence without truly shining.)

The Tarresque above is made up of a Monk (T5) Totemist (T3) Lycanthrope (T3, LA1 by Playground) Warshaper (PrC) on an LA 0 Race with an LA1 (Half-Minotaur Template), which is why it has 6 RHD and 2 LA. It entirely possible to build a comparable PC out of Tier 3 parts with WotC material, hence the "signpost" at the current level. It's just not fun fluff-wise to have to shapeshift every day to "say" you are a Tarrasque-ling when you could just "be" one instead.

As for Poison, the default rules for Poison is Con-based. She gains that from the Were-Scorpion, as follows:

Poison (Ex) A monstrous scorpion has a poisonous sting. The details vary by the scorpion’s size, as follows. The save DCs are Constitution-based. The indicated damage is initial and secondary damage.
As a PC Race, the player would get to gain their first class level at ECL 9, when Tier 1-2 classes are gaining 5th level spells (Baleful Polymorph, Cloudkill, Slay Living), and Tier 3 classes gain 5th level Maneuvers (+6d6 Dmg and riders, Two extra attacks, etc.)