Quote Originally Posted by LaurentioRex
and I don't buy the "eyes are just incidentally always same level because no reason",
Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
Many potential reasons have been given.
Yes, and I don't buy them. MITD is seen having two, identical, same level eyes all the time, even when sleeping, when alone and when under pressure or emotive stress.
It keeps the same aspect to fit in a group? Debatable.
Eyes are always at the same level for random luck? Funny.
The author is lazy or purposely hiding a crucial element? Preposterous.
Potential reasons are nice and fun, but I could give any amount of potential reasons for anything, and no one is bound to buy them. It's a guessing game. A little effort is expected.
MITD is clearly Proteus of the X-men. I've tons of reason. All bad. No problem.

About the clairvoyance bit: I retreat the suggestion. It has been provided more mundane options for MITD to know relevant information. Honestly, as it is mostly considered a talking ornament for the throne room, MITD had every opportunity do eavesdrop bits of conversation.
This leaves mind-reading + some form of teleport OR wish for the ESCAPE.

About Teleport (or analogue) being able to affect targets without the caster moving:
You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature [etc]
• To start, "to bring" has a specific meaning. You don't "bring" something away from you. No interpretation of the english language allows to "bring something to" unless you are part of the transport. It can be part of a figurative speech ("I'll bring you on your knees!"), but here it's a rule system language, not poetry.
• Second, "additional". While it could be related to a weight carried (and even in this case, it's carried... by the caster. The exact wording is "bring along"), I'd assume that it's relative to the caster. The caster and additional (willing) creatures. Or the caster, whatever you bring along, and the additional creature you bring.
• Third, about "willingness". I checked, there is no official rule about "giving consent to an unknown spell that ultimately is benefical to you but you just don't know at the moment". For sure, O-Chul could not give his consent as he was not aware of the imminent effect.
I agree that in that context he was going to agree if informed, so it's mostly a DM choice. Or he and Vaarsuvius both failed a saving throw because, you know, progression of the plot.
So it's mostly a moot point. Let's just say that giving consent is not relevant and eventual saving throws neither.