View Single Post

Thread: Have you participated in rotating GMs?

1. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Have you participated in rotating GMs?

I've never done a rotating DM.

I homebrewed all of my world, and while I incorporate everything I can from my players (backstories, ideas they might have/like to see) - I am, still, admittedly a control freak.

So every Tuesday, I DM (every other week it's everyone, the following week is what we call "off week" where it's a different campaign and people are free to join and drop that one, because it's not the main one).

However, that said - one of my players, DM'ed after that, and ran Out of the Abyss, but that was on Thursday.

Another of my players, ran a smaller game, that was once a month (on some weekend day).

So not really rotating DMs - but my players DMing their own sessions with me in it as a player, on different days.

EDIT - To be clear, the Out of the Abyss, was just that. So not based in my campaign. And the monthly game, she had created her own homebrew world for her game. So none of the games take place in my homebrew campaign.
    Last edited by Tawmis; 2022-08-06 at 11:37 PM.
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)