1. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: One stat to rule them all, or what if we merged Dex and Str?

Quote Originally Posted by diplomancer View Post
    Because people in this thread are not engaging with my point. Say I want to play a nimble waif. I use leather armor, a Rapier, get proficiency in Acrobatics, Stealth and Sleight of Hand (but not Athletics), and go around trying to do Acrobatic stunts. I choose feats that enhance that archetype. I play a Rogue Swashbuckler. How is it that my character is NOT a nimble waif? Because I could carry a lot of stuff (even if I don't)?
    Say I want to play a nimble waif. I use leather armor, a Rapier, get proficiency in Acrobatics, Stealth and Sleight of Hand (but not Athletics), and go around trying to do Acrobatic stunts. I choose feats that enhance that archetype. I play a Rogue Swashbuckler. And every time I make a Physique(Strength) check I reinvent the Strength attribute by applying a ad-hoc penalty to my Physique check to fix it being too high for the characterization of my nimble waif character?

How is it that my character is NOT a nimble waif using the Physique attribute? Because I had to reinvent the Strength attribute to fix the thematics. Physique gets 0 credit for characters that result in me reinventing Str/Dex.
    Last edited by OldTrees1; 2022-08-10 at 03:07 PM.