Quote Originally Posted by strangebloke View Post
PAM or GWM or whatever at first level isn't a real problem. T1 goes by really fast in normal play and being OP in T1 is just whatever. GWM/PAM/SS/CBE aren't actually overpowered anyway. And you never need multiple splats anyway
Point but still - there are feats I wouldn't mind always requiring GM approval for swappage nonetheless.

The pre-req is a background, which furthers my other complaint (need to be an outer planes gatewarden to get guidance and then agent of order - however appealing or unappealing that actual concept is to me or however much sense it makes in setting.) It's powerful content that places really strict fluff requirements. Imagine if something like sharpshooter was contingent on your character being cursed by growing up in a cult to an outer god or something. Lots of people would want to take that feat, and lots of people would pick that specific background even when it made little sense.
Actually no, the prereq is a feat. So it IS accessible to everyone, it's just that the Planar Philosopher or Gate Warden backgrounds get a head start. If those truly don't match your concept, then you have to wait a bit longer to be an Agent of Order, but you can still be one.

Not to mention - given that the Elemental Scion feats are freely swappable into any of the featless backgrounds, I don't think it would be a big stretch to let you do the same with Outer Planes Scion too, if you really don't want PP/GW.

And yeah I also don't like that its once per turn, actually. Conventionally on-hit riders are good for martials because of extra attack, and this changes that, making an on-hit rider that's more or less equally good for everyone (slightly better for martials because of increased hit chance.)
It's not equally good for everyone - even if you can only apply it once per turn, more chances to hit means more opportunities to do so. Better still, once you land the restrain on them then all the rest of your attacks get advantage, so saying multiple attacks aren't rewarded or even that they're rewarded less doesn't really gel for me.