Quote Originally Posted by DaFlipp View Post
So, my gnome spellcaster enjoys the spell Explosive Runes. As a rule, he has it memorized every day, and casts it at the end of the day on a piece of paper before he goes to sleep - tacking on Sudden Empower and Sudden Maximize if he hasn't used those yet throughout the day. Thanks to downtime, he has a pretty hefty supply of notes featuring Maximized, Empowered Explosive Runes. While these would wreak havoc in the hands of, say, a Chaotic Neutral rogue, my neutral good mage is judicious enough not to use these willy nilly.

But with 4th level spell slots comes great responsibility... er, I mean, an interesting opportunity. See, I gave him the Purify Spell feat from Exalted Deeds - which lets you bump the spell slot up one, in exchange for the spell dealing no damage to Good creatures (and half-damage to neutral, and extra damage to Outsiders).

So. Purified Explosive Runes. Purified Maximized Empowered Explosive Runes.

Is there a rule I'm breaking that I'm not aware of, or do I now have a (thanks to downtime) near-endless supply of 36+3d6 damage notes that anyone in my all-Good party can read at any time to damage everything evil surrounding them?

(My DM doesn't seem to mind it, if only because it tends to encourage more strategic battles than hack-and-slash fests. My party used a combination of Purified Explosive Runes and Hide From Undead recently to topple a group of undead that would've taken hours to fight conventionally.)
Well, Purified, Maximized, Empowered Explosive Runes would require a... what, 8th level slot?

That said, I think the tactic itself is valid and very clever. Good job.