View Single Post

Thread: Freefall 3: Death Ray Byproducts

1. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Freefall 3: Death Ray Byproducts

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Food that talks isn't food.
    On the other hand they used to have long pig flavored food on the menu, so...
    Because of course they do.

I get the idea -- a space station, if it has meat at all, is going to have it via some kind of cell-culture process or just use non-meat rather than having meat-producing animals leaving and being butchered on station. Planet Jean and the people eating insects indicate that Stanley wants this society not to be post-scarcity and need to consider these logistic issues as real. Once you do that, you can have the meat be any animal you can culture or flavor you can replicate. Still, really dude? Just a little more sophomoric than I was expecting.

Anyways... The plot thread of Sam being a delicious prey-species certainly has been part of his story arc since near the beginning. Mostly in terms of emus and small dogs, though. It seems a little odd that these post-humanists are having such an epiphany moment with the realization that 'hey, this biological sophont is made out of meat, huh?' Still, it is an interesting side thing for them to focus on and I like this group, so I'm interested in where they go with this.
    Last edited by Willie the Duck; 2022-08-24 at 09:48 AM.