Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
This can't possibly end well. Or, at the very least, shouldn't.
I mean, there's the linchpin isn't it? Everything here thus far has been a perfectly valid (if a little hamfisted) story about someone interviewing for a job they shouldn't accept, taking the offer (despite having absolutely valid reservations), and later either realizing it was a mistake or realizing that she's not the one to try to fix this. IFF the story progresses such that she moves to Cubetown and it ends up being a huge mistake, or she realizes she's not the one for the job and convinces the Cubetowners to go look for someone with actual experience in this process (or maybe even that she snaps and becomes a pitiless taskmaster and somehow becomes a new, confident person, showing growth), it would be a reasonable (if hardly A+ implementation) storyline. We just don't have faith that this will happen.

I'd hesitate to put down actual odds, but I give it a 1-in-three-to-five chance that Jeph surprises us. If only because 1) Jeph has shown a lot of qualities, by no means all positive, but being completely stupid isn't one, and 2) why have all this setup about the place being a madhouse and a poor job opportunity if she's just going to move there and it work out perfectly?