“If you choose to put your hurt feelings above saving lives, then that’s your choice,” Ferrous said coldly when Blanc rejected his attempts to bring them in line. If she was going to go off on her own and not join forces, easily the logical choice, simply because of a few meaningless words? Then fine. Ferrous would not be interested in joining with her in the slightest. Individuals ruled entirely by emotion were incapable of being worked with, and would disrupt any plans that he, or the group, would make. If anything, Ferrous was more upset that Blanc seemed to have enough pull and influence to have others join her in this stupidity, rather than Blanc’s choice herself.

As it was, he had encouraged them to start walking, so he did. Leaving town and following the caravan from quite a distance, pulling out a whistle and blowing on it as he did, though it would make no sound that humans could hear. Other, non-human people might catch a rather high-pitched note coming from the whistle before he stopped and put it back. It would take a small while for Ghost to arrive and catch up, but he was confident that there would be no conflict until then. Even so, he would flick out the shuriken again and start fiddling with it, making sure he had its magic available for when violence did break out.

“I am afraid, Lady Aralis, that you are not considering an important aspect of the situation. While I am presumptions in this, I fully believe that ‘Anwar’, or whatever his true name is, is not simply untrustworthy, but actively working alongside the Hellblades in some form or another.” Ferrous said when the noble lady spoke up and admitted she had doubts about the plan of ‘follow the convoy and intervene with the ambush’. “Because of this, and the grip he and his allies have over the convoy, I doubt that we will be able to sway the convoy away from the ambush he has planned for them. Nor do I believe that faking an ambush of our own would be effective. If anything, he would simply use it as an opportunity to do great damage to us, and then simply encourage the group to move on again.”

Still, they had a point that they would not be able to save many if they simply allowed the ambush to happen. It had been a worry of Ferrous’ in the first place, and he had never quite been happy with his initial idea of simply trying to create a weak point in the Hellblade’s forces for them to fight through. It was Lady Aralis herself, however, that gave them a different idea. “But perhaps I am thinking about this the wrong way myself, Lady Aralis. We might not be able to influence the people of the convoy, but there are horses pulling the caravans. Tell me, would you be able to convince them from afar to change direction?”

There was another option as well, and when Tide next came back to report - and Ferrous was impressed by his skill at stealth - Ferrous asked him bluntly. “Tide. Will you be capable of sneaking directly up to the carriages themselves? A potential option is to sabotage the carriages before they reach the ambush point.”