Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
I'm looking at it in comparison to the Dark Heresy 1e rules for player possession.... which, up front told you that this was a 'Burn Bright but burn quickly' path. The mechanics supported that. There was little to no extra work at all on the GM's part to make it work as compared to any other character.

By comparison 2e leaves all the work of making it something more than an occasional inconvenient WP roll to the GM. Rather than the mechanics doing the heavy lifting, the Mechanics are just a grab bag of bonuses combined with a willpower roll mechanic to keep control away from the daemon.
Is there any reason that the 1e rules can't just be used in 2e games? The core system didn't really change in the entire 40kRPG run (which I personally separate from Wrath & Glory).

But yeah, creating a Daemonhost is the most Radical thing an Inquisitor can do, likely gets then ostracised by half of their peers (at minimum), and any loyal Imperial who gets wind of it would likely start looking to kill the Inquisitor (discretely) and Host (maybe not so discretely). Sorcery itself is generally bad enough.

That's not getting into the impression I got from the wargame and lore that Inquisitors mostly made them as highly bound mostly disposable weapons. Even if your Willpower and bindings are high enough to keep you in control you're on a much shorter leash than any other acolyte, with much more scrutiny put into every one of your actions. If it seems like you're not under control probably the least you can expect is a squad of stormtroopers.