Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
How does this work for the odd non-(C)E croc?
The Master Crocs are created by Evil Gods. A non-Evil one would somehow have to survive leaving their patron and everything they know, and that's extraordinarily unlikely.

Do you think I can interest you in reducing the number or RHD? Cayma is not much stronger than muckdweller, and certainly not stronger enough to need 2 more RHD.
I might be able to be convinced on the LA.

Hm. That's a new one for me with the variable boundaries. Do the casters live longer? Or do they just normally die before reaching Venerable?
The casters live longer, but both have a max of +2d10 years after hitting venerable

Preach it! (How does a tiny creature riding on a large one work in practice, anyway? Rules-wise, I mean. Does an exotic saddle cut it or would they need specialized equipment?)
They would probably ake a -5 to Ride Checks for being an 'ill-suited mount', but I'll address that with the Aurochs Rider Feat changes.

Same here. This doesn't even grant Eschew Materials' "what if they sunder your equipment" benefit.
I'm unsure what benefit you're referring to here.

Isn't that just your bog standard Improved Grab? Am I missing someone here?
It is improved grab yes.

A big bulky flyer? That's neat. Have you considered putting together a racial feat that helps with the Limited Flight thing?
I can if people want it, the original race was kinda stuck this way.

I don't know. The substitution levels are really nice, but otherwise this is just a way worse lizardfolk (same AC, -4 to stats, lower damage and speed, no Hold Breath(, worse favoured class (for whatever that's worth))) at the same ECL.
There wasn't a ton of lore on these, but I'll see if I can find something I can add to spice it up.

O-okay. These fellows are delightfully weird but massively overpowered at this ECL. Even if it has no reliable access to the crystal stuff, it still has an obscene SR, +10 natural armour, a pretty good natural attack and outsider HD (which also offsets the hit the INT quite handily) and with that racial class, all it has to do is team up with a warlock (infinite SLAs!) and go to town.

I can't help but think that this might need quite extensive rework.
The original Demarax was damn weird, and I knew it would be damn difficult to balance (but I like the occasional challenge). I was hoping someone would give feedback on the rough draft before I tried revising it this week.