Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
The Master Crocs are created by Evil Gods. A non-Evil one would somehow have to survive leaving their patron and everything they know, and that's extraordinarily unlikely.
I mean, "unlikely" is a common element in a PC's job description. One must always account for those pesky NG defectors from decadence (or something)!

I might be able to be convinced on the LA.
Better, yeah. I can more than live with that.

They would probably ake a -5 to Ride Checks for being an 'ill-suited mount', but I'll address that with the Aurochs Rider Feat changes.
Looks good and kind of saves the feat too.

I'm unsure what benefit you're referring to here.
You sure know that one: the horror story with the bad DM that tries to sunder spell component pouches all the time to cripple the casters. Anecdotes aside, the point's mainly this: the feat does the exact same thing as Eschew Materials except it doesn't remove the need for carrying about an item that can be misplaced, confiscated, stolen or destroyed. Taking the core feat is is not only easier, but also safer.

I can if people want it, the original race was kinda stuck this way.
[Faux-innocent grin.] Do I count as "people"?

There wasn't a ton of lore on these, but I'll see if I can find something I can add to spice it up.
That might be a good idea, yeah. Sole problem is, that won't really change the fact that mechanically speaking they'll still be "lizardfolk but worse in every respect (especially if LA byoff is on the table)".

The original Demarax was damn weird, and I knew it would be damn difficult to balance (but I like the occasional challenge). I was hoping someone would give feedback on the rough draft before I tried revising it this week.
I think the racial class might need serious pruning (the warlock exploits, e.g., must certainly be made impossible somehow and the "it's sweet outsider HD with actual features" is likewise too much) at the very least and probably ditching, even (spellthief ACFs and feats helping with the crystal-dependency in some controlled manner could, perhaps, go far).