"Alright, eryone alright? Yeah, we're...hrk...we're alright." Aahz grunts, looking a bit battered, and surveying the fact that Dwilla and Highstriker look even worse but Maria at least looks fine.

"I could use me a drink, and a meal, and a long nap...and ya'll probably can too. But we got a few more minutes of dusk-light here - let's see if we can grab any intel an' loot before we get a fire up and share a meal. Ideally, not in this haunted and blasted tower. I wonder...those spooks were right on top of us, but the main trail looked cold to me. Wonder if someone like tha bandits have bargained with them to go after anyone on the trail? Or tricked 'em? Distracted 'em somehow?

Skill Challenge Check: Bluff (a bit of a stretch, but you did say "any skill the bandits could have used..."): (1d20+10)[18].

Whether that's appropriate or not, Aahz will also start looking for ways to climb the tower faster so that him and Highstriker can get up there and drop a line to the others to get a better lay of the land.