1. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Games of Thrones TV Series Premieres on Sunday

Episode 4
    Spoiler: Ep 4 stuff
    Show
    1. Like the mini redemption scene with Daemon.
    2. Liked the sword fight as suitors are ignored by princess who is fed up with the whole scene.
    3. Not sure why the dragon flew over the ship such that the princess bumped her head.
    4. Pervy Uncle sequence: that was a bit much.
    5. Seduce hunky bodyguard sequence: worked well enough.
    6. Alicent's scenes are all ripe with potential and yet they seem to not quite get there. A pity, since the actress is handling the role IMO pretty well.
    7. Friction between Alicent and Princess seemed a bit stilted. That had so much potential for rich dialogue; an opportunity lost.
    8. "You're Fired" scene for the Hand was the logical outcome of quite a bit of intrigue, but the conversation seemed to me to be abbreviated.
    9. Daemon's babe dumps him. I think.
    10. Deamon is to be exiled: well, if pervy uncle is hosing, or might be hosing, my royal daughter I think I'd have taken off his head. King apparently still needs his brother to be present in some place of importance so he's sent off into exile. Sux to be king. Mel Brooks would disagree, however.
    11. "You'll marry that guy and like it!"

As I got no replies, we'll move the Ep 5 commentary into this post:

Episode 5: OK, we need to get grimmer and darker. Or do we?
    Spoiler: They saved a lot of energy by not having too much light
    Show
    1. Daemon is now a widower; his complicity is assumed by her family and likely others. Not sure why he's allowed back into town, I though he was exiled last time?
    2. I may be King, but I can get seasick and chunder over the side with the best of them.
    3. The old Hand leaves, reminds daughter that the knives will be out for her and her kids. "I love you, good bye and good luck."
    4. Aah, royal romance: He loves someone else, she loves someone else, so they'll be married and do their duties. Deal.
    5. "Leave all of this, marry me for love, let's run away!" The hopeless romantic (princess) says: "No!"
    6. "My queen, I boned the king's daughter, please kill me rather than having me gelded and tortured." Answer: "Thanks for sharing, carry on"
    7. Very little dragon time in this ep.
    8. Let's have a party, but don't play the Rains of Castimir. It's a pre-wedding feast.
    9. *punch in the face (times about 30)* "You messed up, you trusted me"
    10. So much for seven days of tournaments and feasting, let's just do this marriage that bonds our families and be done with it.
    11. "Uncle, if you really loved me you'd kidnap me and take me to Dragonstone. With our two dragons we can kick all of their butts"
    12. "I have lost my honor, I shall now commit Westerosian Seppuku-" Queen arrives "Stay your hand, Sir Handsome Knight"
    13. "It's great to be king. Wait, no it isn't!"

This may be the last post if nobody is watching this show anymore.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2022-09-20 at 10:28 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society