View Single Post

Thread: Bleach: The Thousand Year Blood War

1. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach: The Thousand Year Blood War

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I've always preferred the Orihime/Ichigo ship myself but also, yeah you're 100% correct they shoulda done that.
    The problem with Ichihime is that they spend practically no time together onscreen. A timeskip could have rectified some of that problem, even if I always thought Rukia and Ichigo had extremely good chemistry anyway, ever since arc 1.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    At the very very least we wouldn't have gotten "prize fighter boxer Chad" in the finale. Still probably my personal grouch about the Bleach ending above and beyond everything else. Fighting for charity or not he's still a PRIZEFIGHTER. In a BLOOD SPORT. Chad "I promised my abeulo my fists would only ever protect" Yasutora. Despicable. The closest the Naruto ending gets to that is "... why is Orochimaru given a lab and free reign?" and Kiba marrying the random girl who owned a cat who showed up for one page during Hidan and Kakuza's intro (which is ****ing hilarious if not, like good).
    Ugggghhhhh I forgot about this. Yeah that's so dumb. At least with Orochimaru getting to Karma Houdini his way into no consequences it fits with both the themes of the series (forgiveness, ending the cycle of hatred) and real politik of the setting (you're powerful, it's a real pain in the ass to kill you, and you helped fight the final big bad so just like...don't be evil anymore and we're Gucci). Plus it's the exact same deal Warcrimes McGee I mean err Sasuke got.

But Prizefight Chad is so weird. professional boxer I could understand to an extent, I can believe Chad could justify that. But honestly if they want him to do charity work...just make him like a social worker or something lol. And have him beat the **** out of child abusers every now and then.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2022-09-14 at 04:57 PM.