Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
I guess what I'm saying is that you're not wrong, that thematic depth is THERE, and very cool, but again the execution lets it down.

Final Getsuga Tensho form is still rad as **** though.
There is so much wasted cloth, lost potential, bad execution, whatever you want to call it with "words" in Bleach that it will be kind of mean to just nit-pick and create a very large google docs.

One has to remember though it was mostly a 1 man job doinglist time the plotting, the story, the dialogue, the art, with almost no time breaks beside a few 1 week holidays, etc, etc due to "how the manga market is structured" and this is how the manga market works for better or worse (I am on the side of worse.)

It is a system designed to create burn out, to be cheap like Marvel's CGI in movies for there is so many people who want that opportunity and people do not make much money selling the actual comics. It is on the backend with merchandise, anime (do not make much money there too), etc, etc that money is made. And who makes the money may not be the original brain with an idea and a pen.

=====

I love My Hero Academia, and it too has some faults, but in many ways having the final arc in the rough 400 range made sense (currently at chapter 365) much like having the Aizen arc in the 400 range also make sense. (Ichigo drops his sword in chapter 422)

Anything past that amount you really need a larger team, and you need to take a break between arcs. Drawing 3 pages a day is a lot of work (for 8 years), but you are not just drawing, you are also designing, writting that story, plotting, etc, etc.

And in my ideal world Bleach should got that larger team as soon as the Soul Society arc was finished for it had enough evidence it could carry a franchise. The problem is who owns the franchise and its various parts means they under supply the actual money to pay for creativity and production to sustain a franchise.

[ I love the product, but I can't defend *morally* how the sausage is made. Thus I am not going to nit-pick even if the amount of wasted potential in Bleach is *legendary* ]