Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Every other power was likewise either the direct result of a training arc or internal struggle or required him to undergo the same in order to master.

Which, honestly, should have foreshadowed the twist in the Fullbringer arc. The one time Ichigo was just flat out given power he lost it and had to replace it with a power that was legitimately his so of course he's not actually gonna be gifted power that belongs to someone else.
TBH this one is actually my biggest complaint about Bleach's plotting - almost every climactic combat is resolved by Ichigo .. looking inside himself and finding the resolve to Sword Harder. His moves are Sword Beam, Bigger Sword Beam, 'Evil' (but actually just a different color of energy) Sword Beam, and Biggest Sword Beam. At least up until Thousand Year Blood War, which I admittedly completely checked out of because I couldn't bring myself to care any more, but I have not seen anything indicating it changed.

So for me the most disappointing part of the Fullbringer interlude and how it resolved is it would have been a perfect opportunity for Ichigo to be restored with a more personalized power set. Instead the sum of Ichigo's being expresses itself as.. 'I like having a sword'? Really? That's it?