Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
TBH this one is actually my biggest complaint about Bleach's plotting - almost every climactic combat is resolved by Ichigo .. looking inside himself and finding the resolve to Sword Harder. His moves are Sword Beam, Bigger Sword Beam, 'Evil' (but actually just a different color of energy) Sword Beam, and Biggest Sword Beam. At least up until Thousand Year Blood War, which I admittedly completely checked out of because I couldn't bring myself to care any more, but I have not seen anything indicating it changed.

So for me the most disappointing part of the Fullbringer interlude and how it resolved is it would have been a perfect opportunity for Ichigo to be restored with a more personalized power set. Instead the sum of Ichigo's being expresses itself as.. 'I like having a sword'? Really? That's it?
Eeeeyup. These were my thoughts back in late 2011 as well. I now have a more nuanced hatred of the ending of that arc, but this was my initial reaction. "He could have gotten something cooler than his other powers".