Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
I pick on the Mona Lisa for I care. It is done and thus Bleach is now an artifact and not an active force where one can save it. One can not stop Bleach in the process of it making "new" mistakes.

Unless you have a Dr. Doom time-machine
You are welcome to skip over any posts of mine that seem disagreeable

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
I like Bleach enough to follow the manga if it continues. At least long enough to see if it's any good. I gave up on the anime a loooooong time ago during one of the fillers and I was actually surprised to learn in this thread that it never finished. The series really peaked during the first rescue arc and never quite got good again after that...but that first peak was really good, so I'll vaguely follow along with Bleach content in the hopes that it gets back to that one day. The Blood War arc definitely ain't it though. I remember it being the worst arc overall, so I'm not super excited to see it animated. Lots of screen time spent on characters you're given no reason to care about, and Ichigo's character "growth" is all over the place.
Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
I mean, if you watched the fillers you only have yourself to blame. I was discussing Bleach with a coworker and he said the same - the Bount arc did for him. The filler arcs were dire, and the Bount arc in particular drove me away until it finished.

At least they kept them separate though, instead of the way Naruto started integrating them into the main plot and jamming in tons of filler flashback episodes in the middle of a fight.
I actually didn't hate the Bount arc. I mean, yeah it was a slog with a whole lot of wasted motion. But the character designs were really cool, and it did provide some additional lore around Mod Souls. Soul Vampires were an interesting idea too even if they kinda didn't go anywhere.

The Zanpakuto Rebellion filler arc was similar - cool concept, very cool character designs, molasses plotting and weird motivations.

Honestly my main regret with early 00's anime is that streaming wasn't a thing yet so they're too afraid to just go on hiatus when they catch up to the manga.