Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
Yeah. And so in turn its not implausible that force field also block other stuff.

I think its a way bigger assumption to assume that whatever frustrated thing Atomic Bombshell yelled out upon seeing her attack fail, was an accurate upper limit on her attack, instead of just -a- thing she could have exploded.
Especially since a tank is both about the toughest target its plausible she could have tested her attack on. And the quickest way to let us know that was a really strong attack, without breaking up the flow of the comic.

This is supported by the direct word of god we have on what tier Max's abilities are in.
So. On one hand we have a frustrated comment made by a pissed off Atomic Bombshell. On the other hand we have the author directly stating Max is normally just a step below comic Thor in durability.
It seems rather easy to decide what statement carries the most weight here. And the conclusion then becomes Atomic Bombshell could have wrecked tougher targets than a tank with that attack.
Even if she didnt know due to not having tested it on anything tougher.
Shes a step below comic thor in one stat if she dumps into it. Not in general. My conclusion is still accurate. She is durable, but unless she focuses on it, she can be injured with non nuke weaponry. And I fully disagree with your interpretation of what atomic bombshell was capable of. You dont lowball your own capabilities when you are expressing shock that they failed. Maxima is not a god. Arcswat could take her on at need. It would SUCK and be a really tough battle, but she doesnt walk away with the win in the end barring author fiat. She has had a confirmed stalemate with dabbler, was nearly flat out killed by vehemence, and barely won the first fight she had with darude. Her limits have been at least somewhat established and they do not exceed what she would be facing.