Decided to revisit a game I have via the Switch's N64 subscription (get that in while I still have it, since I don't intend to keep re-subscribing to that every year) after finishing Cult of the Lamb. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

It feels a lot like re-playing Banjo-Tooie a couple of years ago did. When I re-played the first game (Banjo-Kazooie, Ocarina of Time), I remembered damn near everything about it, because I played the hell out of it as a kid to the point where every nook and cranny, every trick and secret, is still ingrained in my mind. Re-playing the sequel, there's certainly plenty of familiarity, since I did play it several times when I was younger, but the details are significantly hazier, so I'm more genuinely getting to explore and experience the game, if not exactly like the first time, at least a lot closer to it. It's a fun experience with a game that feels like such an old, nostalgic classic. Granted, I'm not one of those who counts Majora's Mask as one of his favorite Zelda games, but it's still damn good, like pretty much every game in the series.

I've gotten through the first Temple, and I do have to say, wow, what were they thinking with that design for the Giants? Just a pair of enormous legs attached to a big head with no other body parts below it, with arms that are nowhere near long enough compared to the size of the legs coming out of the sides of the head. It's so bizarre to look at, like something that belongs in some kind of horror game instead of this one.

I look forward to getting to the Zora Mask, I remember that being my favorite part of the game. Still, have to get through the Goron area first.