Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
I wussed out. After several times, and even following the suggestion to change to RTWP, I simply could not beat that bastard. I turned difficulty down to Story Mode and moved on with my life.

I HATE that fight. Seriously. On core-ish difficulty, he's spamming insane amounts of summons, to the point where my turn-based game couldn't process them; almost every summon in the fight... and I wasn't shy with summons, either... I had to turn off turn based to end their turn, then turn it right back on. RTWP was even worse, as he'd just lay down constant explosions and summons, immediately overwhelming my Protection from Fire. His AC was so high I found it was actually better to shoot his summons, and hope I critted or killed them to do anything resembling weapon damage to him.
Yeah, turn based mode doesn't do well on summon heavy fights. I've had to use the same trick myself of switching back and forth just to get them to take their turn. Now I'm wondering how my character will do against him since he's a pure TWF paladin. I am playing fairly optimized though since I knew about the AC bloat from my first run. I guess I'll see if I ever get there. My current run is kinda in stasis because I keep getting distracted by other things.