Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
Eh, I agree that it could have been weirder, but P:T and Disco aren't too realistic barriers to 1-or-0 games with. It's still plenty scifi-er and weirder than your classic D&D stuff, not to mention that it uses its own system, rather than the centuries old Str-Dex-Cha-yadda-yadda with the pausable real time combat.

The only problem I see with it is that the preconceived notion of it being the "spiritual successor of P:T" raising the expectations a bit too much, which is understandable but not 100% fair to the game.
It calls itself Torment and billed itself as a spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment, a comparison to P:T is unavoidable. Unfortunately it comes off really poorly, it's taken some of the story beats from P:T but none of the style, and that matters.

I mean on it's own? It's a decent enough RPG with good mechanics, and if it didn't call itself Torment I might not have any problems with it. But it invites comparisons with P:T, and it misses the mark. It really should have used any other name. Numenera: Echoes of the Changing God or something.