1. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Is there a way to not loose a level when cloning?

Quote Originally Posted by Drelua View Post
    This part I disagree with, it says you gain the targets physical scores and type and everything, not that you become that creature. You're still you. Whether spell effects follow you or not, I have no idea.

The point that you're either still under the effects of PAO and therefore still a sarrukh, or not and therefore lose the INT, is a good one though. I think I have to agree there, even if I'm not sure which is true.
    Yeah, I'm not arguing about how mind switch works. My argument is entirely that for the switch to work where you keep the int score and the form of the body you switch to requires butchering the spell effect. Either you remain the target of the entirety of the spell or you lose the entirety of the spell. There isn't an in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Caysey View Post
    Thats my argument… you are still you, and if you had started as a sarrukh, you would have had 38 int (starting with 18) so why should that not be the case when polymorphing? You still have your starting stats…

It makes more sense to me, that you keep your point bought/ rolled up stats, and then apply what ever racial modifier your target form might have - positive or negative - just as if you had started your character as that race/monster…

Now it does not specifically say that one does so, but you are still you, so…
    Racial bonuses are included in the ability scores of the form. They tell you to use ability scores so you simply copy the box as is minus the exceptions. So, if one believes that the ability scores are the outcome of racial bonuses, as implied by monsters as characters, then those bonuses are tied to the form itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Glossary
    racial bonus: A bonus granted because of the culture a particular creature was brought up in or because of innate characteristics of that type of creature. If a creature’s race changes (for instance, if it dies and is reincarnated), it loses all racial bonuses it had in its previous form.
    Last edited by Darg; 2022-09-23 at 08:20 AM.