Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
I'm not thinking of a multiverse being for multiple genres, I'm not thinking of more than one multiverse appearing in one story (if they do, doesn't that just make it one bigger multiverse?) I'm thinking of the story being about the journeys across the lands between the gates, not about the details of the rests between journey stages. I particularly do not want long and vaguely detailed descriptions of food eaten at various stops, nothing wrong with people wanting that if they do, it's just not me.
If one universe is sci-fi and another universe is high fantasy and another universe is gritty low magic sword & sorcery, those are all settings usually associated with particular genres of fiction. If you write a story where low-magic warrior hero must travel via gates through big magic fantasyland and then has to go through high tech spaceland to get back home, that's a multi-genre story IMO. And if the universes don't cross over, there's no point in them being in a shared multiverse.

Not sure what your comments about multiple multiverses or long descriptions of food are about. Neither of us mentioned either of those things.