View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1269 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1269 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Wait, how intelligent are mimics?
    In 3.5, they're 10 intelligent. They're only 5 intelligent in 5e, though. Can't find any stats for 4e mimics, but I interpolate that they'd be roughly 8.3 intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigako View Post
    So, basically, Serini doesn't really give a fart about their preparations?
    I give even odds she expects them to fail and just wants to be in a position where she can stop anyone from breaking the Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithfighter View Post
    ...Durkon, this is Belkar we're talking about. He might have turned over a slightly less bitter leaf, but you know him, why, why are you immediately doing what he's suggesting? :D
    More to the point: Belkar has the wisdom of a short-sighted lemming, and only slightly more intelligence. Even if he was trying to give good advice, why would you expect him to succeed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sienar View Post
    "A well placed short rest..." Is The Giant referencing 5e now? Short rest isn't a thing in 3.5 as far as I know. I haven't been following the background of OOTS but there are a wealth of absurdities in 5e that he could mine. Like how a paralyzed character still gets their dex bonus to AC.
    He's casually slipped in references to 4e/5e mechanics as those games came out, but he hasn't made many explicit rules jokes since the days when he was first toying with the idea of character development.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingMist View Post
    *Amused. "Bemused" means "confused".
    I dunno about the dictionary, but when I've heard people use the word, it's been closer to "amused" than "confused".

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Belkar clearly has way more Dungeoneering than Durkon
    Belkar has ranks in two skills: Profession (gourmet chef) and Knowledge (prank-worthy trivia).
    Last edited by GreatWyrmGold; 2022-10-01 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.