1. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Level 10 Magical Secrets - Lore Bard in Princes of the Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by bsullivanp View Post
    I'm currently playing a level 9 Lore Bard /level 1 Divine Soul Sorcerer...

If you were me, PICK TWO.
    I went through a similar difficulty with my Lore Bard, and I picked Bigby's Hand.
    I wish I had picked Telekinesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keravath View Post
    The advantage of Telekinesis is that it isn't a saving throw. It is an ability check so Legendary saves don't apply and the target is restrained by your spell which makes it easier for your team mates to hit. It also lasts 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keravath View Post
    Summon Celestial also has a range option and could work pretty well if you are looking for an extra attacker. The summoned creatures also scale with the level of the spell slot used to cast them. However, they all use concentration, and a bard often has something better to concentrate on.
    That was going to be my second recommendation, if spells from Tasha's are allowed.

Conjure Animals, we found, was pretty handy deep into Tier 3, but it does have the problem of the animals not doing magical damage.
    My party consists of
    a Vengeance Paladin,
    a Twilight Cleric,
    a Dragon Monk,
    an Artificer/War Mage, and
    a Scribes Wizard,
    a Lore Bard
    Hmm, with six PC's summoning beasts may just clutter up the action economy.
    But here's a tip:
    If you aren't using Slow, pick it up (Tasha's makes it a Bard spell, but if you are not using Tasha's Pick It Up Now! is my suggestion. My party loved me when I slowed the enemy)
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2022-10-05 at 07:53 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society