I'm generally in charge of the seafood, beef, and pork dishes at home, save roasts. Several times a year I'll blow a Saturday cooking bacon just to have on hand as a snack for a week or so. I used to experiment more, but have been phoning it in for the last little while. I'll do veggie stuff that includes meat, kabobs, stir-fry, etc. I would cook chicken more, but fryer oil became too costly and my wife has the oven recipes dialed in. I would have married her for her meatloaf, alone.

We've been in a CSA the last few years to get a steady supply of fresh, local produce. Some the kids love, some I've never heard of but we're worth trying...once. We've tried pattipan(?) about a dozen different ways now - I'm not a fan. Yet I'll gladly fatten up on fried squash chips.

I'd like to get back to hunting and foraging like when I was a kid. Mrs. wants to get our own garden started. I've had a lot of outstanding dishes from all over, but trout, venison and mushrooms and fresh garden greens and good potatoes is where it's at.