Bedside Manners

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
“I glad you liked it,” Izzy says with a wide smile. “I thought that show went really well. I was supposed to play tonight at 5th Chapter, but I guess we’re gonna have to reschedule.”

Her eyes lower back to her lap. “They were happy tears, I promise. The nurse said I wasnÂ’tÂ… ya knowÂ…” she trails off for a moment. “They still had me take a morning after pill and a shot to make sure I don’t get any STDs, just in case.”
"Oh..." Louis says in surprise as the nature of Izzy's conversation with the nurse is made painfully clear. He averts his gaze out of mild embarrassment. It should've been obvious to anyone what they were talking about when he was asked to leave the room but given everything that had transpired today it was easy for Louis to overlook such an important detail.

"Sorry, I really should've been able to put that together on my own. I know that kinda thing is incredibly personal. I'm just... glad you're okay." He says looking up into Izzy's eyes again with a soft smile. The hero leans further forward so that he can rests his elbows on the bed and offers a hand for Izzy to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
“I don’t remember much from the last two days, but I do remember this huge blonde guy with a beard checking on me a few times. He seemed really concerned that I’d been drugged.” She thinks for a moment, recalling what she can. “How did you find me anyway?”
"Leo? Really?" He huffs a bit. Never would've guessed he was the sympathetic type.

"It's kinda funny actually. I think finding you was the easiest part of the rescue? We hit the streets as soon as Scott called up Ryker looking for me. Two Rooks working under the guy responsible for your kidnapping were posted up at the coffee bar this morning. They were hoping that by kidnapping you they could get Scott to talk and give up Ryker in exchange. Fortunately for Scott we had an opening in our schedule today, so we made a special delivery to the bar. We got the guys to talk and they were pretty quick to tell us where they thought you were taken." An illusory panel materializes in the air just above Izzy's lap and animated images of the rescue mission play out in stylized comic book art across it's surface as Louis recounts his story, taking artistic liberties when necessary.