1. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Villainous Competition XLVIX: Controller!

"Do not let him speak; he will put a spell on us."
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel, the Conscript Lord
    Steel, the Conscript Lord

“Let it be known: in the final days of the world, there will appear an armor-clad crusader, as tall as five men, who fights knowing rest nor comfort. He shall wield a sword of fire, and, in the voice of his lord, call the faithful to war unending. Many shall bear his mark, and he shall lead them in battle against great evil.“
    -Unnamed Divine Oracle

Spoiler: Build Stub and Ability Scores
    Show
    LE Advanced Prodigy Gulthir Monk 1 / Fiend of Possession 2 / Paladin of Tyranny 2 / Tattooed Monk 3 / Totemist 2

Elite Array: 14 STR / 12 DEX / 10 CON / 13 INT / 8 WIS / 15 CHA
    Gulthir modifiers: 22 STR / 16 DEX / 18 CON / 11 INT / 12 WIS / 23 CHA
    Prodigy: 22 STR / 16 DEX / 18 CON / 11 INT / 12 WIS / 25 CHA
    Large -> Huge: 30 STR / 14 DEX / 22 CON / 11 INT / 12 WIS / 25 CHA
    ASI (8,12,16,20,24): 30 STR / 14 DEX / 22 CON / 11 INT / 12 WIS / 30 CHA

Spoiler: A Sermon
    Show
    "The nature of humanity is not selfishness, nor goodness. It is sloth! How often have you not sat and stared, knowing a task was at hand, yet unable to bring yourself to act?"

(I was beautiful once)

"Could selfishness motivate you? Could altruism? Fear for your reputation? Love for your fellows? Perhaps at times. But these things are imposed, summoned up to banish baser urges! Just as a stone will not move without external impulse, both mind and body desire inaction first and foremost."

(I was an erinyes, versed in fine food and music, favored in the court of Mammon... or was it Fierna? I remember my crimes; not their circumstances)

"Sloth is inescapable. Even the greatest heroes must recover from battle, must let their spirit rest. Their great deeds matter not, nor does their purity of spirit; all will at one point say 'to here I go, but no further, for my will has run out before my body has'."

(I slipped up. A deal with some mortal, a composer; freedom for his father's soul, while he would spend his life writing for me alone. Some superiors caught on, tipped off by an ambitious underling of mine. They said they saw it coming, that a devil's duty should be to her liege, to Baator, not to art)

"Weep! For in spite of our many failings, the gods have given us many great tasks. Abyssal hordes assault our world, assault all worlds, even now as I speak. This fight is ours, and woe to he who looks aside, who leaves the battle to others, who pursues idle pleasures even as the wolves are at the door."

(They tied me down, shaved my hair, cut skin down to bone and made it heal into scars. They broke my arms and legs and left them to grow back mangled. My wings they cut to ribbons and threw to the fire. My face they took, leaving only pulpy flesh)

"To many of you, this sermon must be surprising, as it is unlike those I regularly make. The reason is that last night, an angel visited me, and in a state between wake and dream shared with me a great truth."

(At last, another erinyes took her blade to me. She cut two ragged wounds aside my head, and told me they were to be my ears. She cut a slit across my face, which was to be my mouth. At last, she took a stake and struck two holes in my skull, which were to be my eyes. Thus maimed, she mocked me, invited me to enjoy all that I once appreciated)

"The angel, clad in a warrior's plate and bearing a blazing blade, wished for me to call out to the righteous. One year from this day, he shall reappear, and lead a crusade of the faithful."

(They sent me off to the front. Avernus, a place of blood and death. I was a gift of sorts to the archduke, a repayment of some ancient debt. I fought a thousand battles, almost died a hundred deaths. The taste of ash, the screams of the dying, the sight of corpses piled upon corpses: all those were my new life)

"To all who take up arms, who acknowledge their duty, who resist that great sin sloth, he promises glory, gold, and entry into heaven on that distant day they die."

(I realized then that my makers, perhaps unintentionally, had been right)

"And yet! Offering us all this, purpose, guidance, glory, peace after death, the angel still promised more! For many souls, noble they might be, will still not overcome their sloth. And so, they need but seek out the angel or its servants, kneel before it, and be blessed with resolve unfaltering! No fear, no exhaustion, no bewitchings of the will shall foil them, no weakness of the spirit shall dull their blows."

(For all the cruelties visited upon me, was the Abyss not worse? Could its senseless bloodshed compare to my punishment? Who was I to enjoy fine symphonies, while a thousand devils had only the screams of demons to soothe their ears?)

"I myself shall, in days or weeks, join this angel. My life nears its end, and though I do not doubt my soul's destination, I will fight for others'. I shall take the angel's blessing, and join its cause. There, I hope I shall find many of you, so that we may fight as brothers."

(At last, when I had proved my worth to Bel, did I receive my true mission. The material plane was rotten: a place of decadence, of splendor, rejoicing in its beauty yet contemptuous of those that fought its foes. How many souls had lived, died, and gone to the upper planes without raising a single hand against chaos? They would contribute: one way or another)

Spoiler: Build Table
    Show

CR Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    10 Advanced Prodigy Gulthir (14 RHD, CR 10) +14/+9/+4 +9 +9 +9 Balance 5, Bluff 8, Concentration 8, Disguise 8, Intimidate 16, Knowledge (Religion) 4, Listen 17, Speak Language (Common), Spot 17, Use Magic Device 8 Brand of the Nine Hells (Bel), Mark of Avernus, Ability Focus (Swallow of Domination), Mindsight, Endurance Gulthir traits, +4 on charisma-based checks
    11 Monk 1 +14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +11 Bluff 9, Concentration 10 Improved Unarmed StrikeB, Improved GrappleB, Sun School Unarmored AC, Flurry of Blows, Unarmed Strike
    12 Fiend of Possession 1 +14/+9/+4 +13 +13 +13 Bluff 11 - Ethereal Form, Hide Presence, Possess Object
    13 Fiend of Possession 2 +15/+10/+5 +14 +14 +14 Bluff 13 - Curse, Magic Item
    14 Paladin of Tyranny 1 +16/+11/+6/+1 +16 +14 +14 Knowledge (Religion) 6 Steadfast Determination Aura of Evil, Smite Good 1/day, Detect Good
    15 Paladin of Tyranny 2 +17/+12/+7/+2 +17 +14 +14 Knowledge (Religion) 8 - Divine Grace, Deadly Touch
    16 Tattooed Monk 1 +17/+12/+7/+2 +19 +16 +16 Concentration 14 - Monk Abilities, Tattoo (Bellflower)
    17 Tattooed Monk 2 +18/+13/+8/+3 +20 +17 +17 Concentration 18 Combat Reflexes -
    18 Tattooed Monk 3 +19/+14/+9/+4 +20 +17 +17 Concentration 22 - Tattoo (White Mask)
    19 Totemist 1 +19/+14/+9/+4 +22 +19 +17 Concentration 26 - Wild Empathy
    20 Totemist 2 +20/+15/+10/+5 +23 +20 +17 Concentration 27, Listen 18, Spellcraft 2 Mage Slayer Totem Chakra Bind (+1 capacity)

Soulmelds: Girallon Arms, Blink Shirt (Totem bound), either Pegasus Cloak (normally) or Disenchanter Mask (during downtime). Steel has two points of essentia, both invested in the blink shirt.

Spoiler: Writeups
    Show
    CR 10
    Steel doesn't need any classes to be a notable threat in combat, though at these levels he's more of a random encounter than a true villain. +32 grapple is beastly, +15/+11/+10 saves are pretty good, and Mark of Avernus is a great feat that can be used to avoid threats (immediate action Greater Teleport), sneak in an extra attack, or just Villain Exit Stage Left once that HP bar starts looking low. The prerequisite feat gives us a fancy cold iron longsword that deals more damage to demons or Good creatures, which I suppose is alright. More importantly, because we're a Gulthir, we can swallow (standard action) and disgorge (full-round action) grappled creatures to temporarily dominate them (they get a save every turn).

There's a bit of a question raised by the Gulthir's base statblock: what happens if you swallow someone and then teleport away? Personally, it seems clear to me that the victim doesn't teleport along: Greater Teleport is especially self-only, and it'd give Summon Monster VI a wholly unintended use. As Swallow of Domination triggers when someone enters your stomach, rather than when you regurgitate them, it seems to me like the creature you leave behind would still be dominated and start making saving throws normally (the RAW argument that you never 'disgorged' them and they thus never get to make saving throws is too much even for me).

15 ft. reach and spammable teleportation makes it difficult for PCs to consistently get in melee range. Worse, anyone grabbed with an AoO will be subject to a Swallow of Domination the next turn... which Steel can then follow up with an immediate-action Greater Teleport, either repositioning some distance away or leaving the fight entirely, while the dominated PC is now free to attack their allies. By the way, Swallow of Domination has DC 27 (10+7 from RHD+8 from charisma+2 from feat) at these levels: the wizard with okay Wisdom has maybe a 20% chance to break free, the cleric with Iron Will might almost get even odds, but most characters are stuck waiting for a nat 20.

Skills are a bit of an afterthought, but serve to compliment our sky-high Charisma. Bluff and Intimidate give us a fair deal of social options between them, Disguise makes it slightly more plausible to pass ourselves off as a celestial (if necessary, wear full armor for these scenes already: you aren't proficient but if combat happens you can always teleport out of it). UMD is just solid utility, Spot and Listen are never bad either, and Balance saves us from the dread level 1 wizard with Grease. Concentration helps when defensively casting our Greater Teleport SLA. Note that many of those skills get +4 from Prodigy.

CR 13
    We're a giant devil with a heavy focus on charisma... so naturally, we take a level in monk. Monk gives us free Improved Unarmed Strike (useful for later) and Improved Grapple (useful now). We get a minor AC bonus, a tumble bonus, the ability to throw in an unarmed attack if we ever feel like full attacking, and Flurry of Blows: something we're never going to use but that qualifies us for the excellent Sun School feat.

Flash of Sunset, one of its three tactical maneuvers (and the only one we care about), gives us a free attack every time we 'move adjacent to a foe instantaneously'. It's pretty neat with standard-action teleports, letting us vacate our gizzard and immediately grab a new foe, but it works extremely well with Mark of Avernus. Wizard about to cast Dismissal? Teleport over as an immediate action, make a bite attack, start a grapple, swallow him next turn.

Meanwhile, we also get our main out-of-combat trick online. Two levels in Fiend of Possession give us Curse, which lets us possess objects to bestow curses on anyone who touches them, which persist after you vacate the item. One of the possible curses listed in the BoVD (p28) is 'Every time the victim makes a d20 roll, a roll of 20 counts as a 1'. Remember how for many creatures, the only way to escape our dominating swallow was a nat 20?

As if that wasn't enough, different curses stack. Desperate for a high-Will servant? Hit it with -4 to all rolls and -6 to wisdom, and see if it still manages to resist. Swallow of Domination's save DC is 28, but with the penalties you impose and the highest possible roll being a 19, creatures need a Will save of +16 to have a chance of breaking free (again, there's a cheesier reading where the curse penalty is unnamed and therefore stacks with itself, but I'm making a point of avoiding that kind of nonsense). Just tie a dominated victim up, start stacking curses, re-swallow if needed, and release them in the confidence that they won't escape your hold. How many level 13 PCs have +16 Will? A cleric would need 26 wisdom before magic items, which even an anthropomorphic bat struggles to hit.

CR 16
    It's about time we put our sky-high charisma to use. Paladin of Tyranny is a great fit thematically and gives us heavy armor and a shield (which is actually a decent option on a build where weapon damage is counterproductive and survival is everything), as well as 1/day Smite Good, which offers a solid +9-10 to hit on our bite if we really need to connect. We then get the insanely good Divine Grace for a massive bonus to all saving throws, further augmenting our survivability, and finally enter Tattooed Monk.

Tattooed Monk has one of the best payoffs for high charisma monks, of which I'm sure there are many, in the Bellflower tattoo. Once per day, as a move action, gain your charisma modifier as an enhancement bonus to any stat.

Now, the rules aren't explicit about this, but in general if you use boosts to generate an ongoing effect, the effect does not weaken once the boosts wear off. If you temporarily raise your caster level and cast Darkness, the spell doesn't have its duration reduced after the CL goes back to normal. If you need your ally to save against Hold Person, dispelling the caster's stat buffs won't help. And if you apply a Dominate Monster effect on a turn where your charisma is boosted by nine or ten points, the raised DC should simply apply

We can obviously also use this to boost any other stat (str for attacks and grapples, con for saves and HP) if it turns out to be necessary. With a build that doesn't really need full attacks, locks foes down with AoOs, and can if need be use immediate action teleportation, you should have a move action available quite frequently.

Speaking of constitution boosts, those work great with our shiny new Steadfast Determination, which also serves to make the Tattooed Monk feat tax slightly less pointless. It effectively gives us a +5 bonus on Will and stops us from failing Fortitude saves on a natural 1 (note: our fortitude save modifier, before temporary boosts, is currently +34).

CR 20
    More levels in tattooed monk let us use Bellflower twice per day for three rounds at a time. We also gain White Mask, which boosts our Bluff to sky-high levels and gives immunity to most magical detection spells (like so much of Tattooed Monk, it is a great ability that's inexplicably been placed on a monk-centric class). Also, our unarmed strike is upped to 3d6.

The second Bellflower use makes an additional trick possible: boost your charisma to 40 (30 natural, +10 enchantment), then use the tattoo again, overriding the previous +10 enchantment bonus with a +15 enchantment bonus, and ending up with a charisma of 45. This makes the DC for SoD two points higher than it'd otherwise be, but can only be pulled off once per day (then again, how many targets don't make the usual DC?).

Another use of Bellflower: after we hit 30 charisma, if we activate the ability once, our UMD increases to the point where we can activate CL9 scrolls (aka, level 5 spells) 95% of the time, which represents a huge jump in reliably available power.

We also obtain Combat Reflexes, giving us more AoOs and more chances to bite and grapple, and Mage Slayer, which makes for great lockdown together with teleportation and our giant reach.

Magical Beasts were always a solid creature type for Steel to dominate (poor Will saves, good abilities, large variety), and constant exposure to their souls has left its marks. Totemist gives us a Blink Shirt and a Totem Chakra to bind it to. With move action teleportation, we can now settle into a comfortable combat routine of move action teleport, Flash of Sunset bite to grapple, standard action swallow, and then outside of our turn possible AoO bites with Mark of Avernus as a backup panic button.

Conclusion:
    At level 20, we end up with about 29 AC (+8 full plate, +2 shield, +10 natural, +1 dexterity, -2 size) before considering special materials or magic items (note that both your shield and armor can be enchanted separately). It's not insane, but it's hardly maximum power attack bait either.

Steel's grapple check is +44 (+8 size, +10 strength, +20 BAB, +2 girallon arms, +4 improved grapple), which can be increased to +49 with the Bellflower Tattoo.

Steel's saving throws are +39 Fortitude (+23 base, +10 charisma, +6 constitution), +32 Reflex (+20 base, +10 charisma, +2 dexterity), and +34 Will (+17 base, +10 charisma, +6 constitution, +1 mage slayer). Fortitude saves aren't failed on a natural 1. Additionally, Steel has DR 10/Good,

Swallow of Domination has a DC of 29 (10 + 7 from RHD + 10 from charisma + 2 from ability focus), which the Bellflower Tattoo can raise to 34 for three rounds twice per day, and to 36 by stacking Bellflower uses. Steel has the ability to lower the saves of victims by -7 and turn rolls of 20 into 1, essentially forcing a Will modifier of +17 to have a chance of making the lower DC, and +22 or +24 for the higher ones. This puts things like pit fiends, balors, solars, and formian queens all in reach of perma-domination, just to name some high-level MM monsters. PCs similarly need insanely high stats: a cleric with two high-Will PrCs would need about 26 wisdom before items to make the highest save (+16 base, +8 modifier). (Technically, targets given an order against their nature receive +2 on the save, but any truly high-Will target is probably a caster and can just be used for utility and behind-the-scenes support, rather than outright combat)

Finally, we have a Bluff modifier of +37 and are immune to magic that'd pierce it. We also have an impressive +31 to Intimidate, +33 to Concentration, and +22 to Use Magic Device, to name the skills we're likely to use often. All of these can be boosted by at least +5 with the Bellflower Tattoo.

Spoiler: Strategies
    Show
    Out-of-combat, you obviously want to grab as many casters and brutes as possible. Clerics are the main target for several reasons: they have really good utility spells and buffs (Deeper Darkness is notably costless concealment for you), they get Plane Shift to ferry people to Baator, and removing them from the equation also removes many of the people who could identify you or (if Good) produce the holy water that undoes your domination. Evil clerics get Command Undead, which can give you allip servants-by-proxy that you can use to drain the Wisdom of anyone who's just a little too resistant to dominate.

Another way to ensure wisdom damage is through sleep deprivation: after keeping a character awake for twice (constitution modifier) days, it starts taking a point of wisdom damage per day, sometimes allowing for a brief window where they may be dominated without falling unconscious or coming under an Insanity effect. Once it sleeps, this forces you to do the whole procedure again, so make productive use of the time and use the creature for Liquid Pain extraction (which, as a bonus, is sure to keep it up).

While you can't teleport caster support along, scrolls are cheap and lightweight, and you have a very high UMD check. If the PCs feel confident they're about to counter your strategy, just pull out a scroll of Maze, AMF, or simply Disintegrate.

In-combat, there's a few tricks worth noting.

-If you find a caster with Still Spell, you can carry them around in your gut and enjoy free buffs during combat (later, you teleport away, leaving the dominated NPC as phase 2 of the fight).

-Pinpoint the location of a PC somehow (mindsight works well for this), teleport in, get a free attack from Sun School, possibly get a surprise round to make a swallow attempt, and teleport out as an immediate action with Mark of Avernus, possibly leaving a dominated PC to fight his friends for a bit. Very little counterplay, with Mark of Avernus available throughout as a panic button. Speaking of MoA, it recharges after 'the encounter', so you can pull this one again and again until the PCs find a way to counter the strategy somehow.

-Dominate someone capable of casting Antimagic Field. Swallow them, and have them ready an action to cast the spell the moment they are free and see you make a bite attack. When PCs show up loaded with Protection From Evil and Freedom of Movement buffs, wait for one to get in melee and teleport a short distance. The mage gets free, you make a sun school attack, the mage interrupts and casts AMF, and your target is stripped of all protections just in time for you to start a grapple. Swallow of Domination is (Ex), for some reason, so you can apply it within an AMF!

Basically, Steel's main weaknesses are anything that prevents grapples and anything that prevents mental control. The second can be discouraged by bringing servants that would, even if freed from mental control, still happily attack the PCs. The first requires some dispelling support (if necessary through UMD), ambushes when the PCs buffs are down, or simply non-combat means of assault (abducting a PC's family is the classic here).

Spoiler: Use in a campaign
    Show
    The mechanical level
    Firstly, I want to stress that parties can meaningfully interact with Steel's minions. Low-level spells like Protection from Evil can temporarily or permanently break the devil's control, something like Remove Curse will eventually let the subject break free (but 'fight unfamiliar people who cast spells on you' is a solid standing command to issue), and holy water is cheap, but unintuitive to use and only rarely carried by PCs. Still, dominated monsters aren't just diplomacy-immune roadblocks, and a party can find ways to deal with them that wouldn't apply to uncontrolled monsters.

Steel's main goals are simple: create local bases, identify highly powerful individuals, preferably attracted to the cause of law or evil already (to minimize the penalties imposed on them by Baator), and then use dominated clerics to bodily shift any priority targets to Avernus, where they may fight in the Blood War until their death. This base plot can easily be expanded: will Bel use the dominated adventurers to further some other goal? Is a valuable ally of the PCs dominated and abducted, forcing them to descend into hell to save him? Or perhaps Steel turns out to be the power behind a recent LE villain's rise: having removed key rivals and collecting new servants from the despot even now.

At low levels, the party might come across small enclaves of dominated creatures, working together in eerie unison to fight the forces of chaos, join up with more dominated creatures, or simply find and subdue more valuable servants, which they leave unconscious for Steel to swallow and disgorge once he teleports in. At this stage, Steel is probably just teleporting all over the map, trying to locate and obtain the most valuable mortals: trolls, adventurers, ogre mages, young dragons, whatever you feel like making the PCs fight.

They might also come across some of Steel's attempts to establish legitimacy: how to feel about an orc barbarian, eyes filled with slime and clearly under some kind of mental compulsion, who explains that an armor-clad angel dominated him and now compels him to seek out and destroy demonic cults? Is it right to let such a thing happen? Should the orc be freed to return to his life of banditry? Should he be killed? Assisted in battle?

At mid levels, Steel's dominated monsters can grow with the party. He might have enough clerics under his sway to start directly sending the best dominated troops to Avernus, where they may join the eternal battle against invading demons. Two 9th-level clerics can shift six people that way each day, and Steel is set up to have much more than two of those clerics (if six doesn't seem like much... a mid-level PC, depending on build, can turn out much better at fighting demons than most devils of similar CR). Gulthirs can also create new Gulthirs from evil outsiders they consume: these can serve as lieutenants or lesser foes, especially if advanced somehow: if the PCs are puzzling out Steel's nature then these will serve as a hint.

After obtaining the White Mask tattoo, Steel can safely pose as a LG or LN outsider even in front of those who should be able to tell otherwise. With this influence, he begins to manipulate people into joining his cause of their own free will. After all, if the demons win the Blood War, is all of creation not at stake? Steel doesn't hesitate to test these assemblies, leading them into battle against the forces of Chaos, until at last the armies are winnowed down and the survivors can be shifted to Baator itself. Anyone who speaks up is swallowed, dominated, and made to act out the part of a loyal crusader: it's not about fooling the others, it's about showing that resistance is pointless.

A particularly interesting high-level (from CR 15) plot point can involve Steel seeking to obtain a Voidstone weapon. With Steadfast Determination and a sky-high Fortitude save, the devil is immune to the weapon's annihilating effects, but the people he strikes with it aren't. PCs will have to disrupt his access to the negative energy plane, destroy his supply of workable voidstone, or otherwise foil the plan: without ending up destroyed by the annihilating material themselves.

An ultimate plan to place the campaign's climax around can be a great crusade raised by Steel (especially if directed at some undeserving target), or an insurrection of sorts in hell, where Steel leads a small legion of dominated mortals into a raid on several important dukes on the second and third layer. His goal: to mobilize hell, and force the archdevils into devoting more of its resources towards the Blood War and away from their own schemes and pursuits. For obvious reasons, Hell, the Abyss, and even Heaven would hate to see this happen... but when four high-level adventurers can upset the established order of the multiverse, how much can a hundred do?

Steel should make several appearances throughout the campaign. As he's much more mobile than anyone he dominates, he'll end up with scattered bands of followers, each perhaps enough to fill a dungeon with. If they are attacked, Steel might show up, but he has no interest in a fight to the death and will leave if repelled. These encounters can also convince Steel of the PCs' value as servants, and he might plot to acquire them somehow. Some of the combat tricks outlined above can be used to keep repeated encounters fresh; differences in dominated subjects will also change the tone of fights.

Spoiler: Variants
    Show
    If you're not very interested in the social side of Steel, feel free to drop White Mask and give him the Unicorn tattoo instead to get a d20 reroll when needed. Other interesting combat-oriented options are Scorpion (impose an attack roll penalty 1/day), Falcon (fear immunity and a massive fear save bonus for allies), and Chameleon (alter self shenanigans).

An earlier version of this build didn't have Totemist and instead took extra levels in monk and paladin for Invisible Fist and Aura of Despair (possibly with the Epic feats augmenting AoD later on). It makes for a more passive, mook-reliant built, but provides support for these mooks in turn by causing -4 on saving throws in a large area. The saving throw penalty also lets Steel keep slightly more powerful victims around, though they have to be incapacitated every time he teleports away.

Marshall is another option to give your allies charisma synergies. By taking Skill Focus (Diplomacy) early on, a late Marshall level can effectively give you a third epic feat! Too bad most of them kind of suck.

Open Soul Chakra is a valid feat for your 24th HD, and gives you a free standard action 1/day with Threefold Mask of the Chimera (plus flanking immunity), plus another if you spend another feat to improve its capacity. Sadly, you still only have a single chakra bind, so this requires giving up on the Blink Shirt movement.

Spellcasting Harrier is an Epic feat that can plausibly serve as an alternative to Mage Slayer, but its advantages rely on baiting foes into casting defensively (whereas Mage Slayer informs them that this is impossible). Once enemies wisen up to this, it loses any advantage over Mage Slayer, which is bad for a villain intended to clash with the same PCs over and over.

Spoiler: Sources
    Show
    Gulthir - MM5
    Prodigy - DMG2

Paladin of Tyranny - UA
    Totemist (+ soulmelds) - MoI
    Fiend of Possession - FF
    Tattooed Monk - CWar

Brand of the Nine Hells, Mark of Avernus - FCII
    Mindsight - LoM
    Sun School - CWar
    Steadfast Determination - PHB2
    Mage Slayer - CArc

Image generated by craiyon, then cast to grayscale. Prompt used: "armored man with unhinged jaw"
    Last edited by Venger; 2022-10-09 at 05:31 PM.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition