Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
Double Date:

Raphael turns his gaze towards Emilia. "A fellow Castle-Maniac eh?"

"Well. Now I'm feeling motivated." He says, making a show of cracking his knuckles. He says, rolling his eyes.... Which drops his gaze onto Stella and Cassie. His eyes bore into Cassie's back before he catches himself and turns his attention back to the conversation.

"I'm sure it's not all glowing, but it must be nice to have the media say nice things about you." Raphael says with a chuckle.

He follows John's gaze back to the stairs and tenses up. But it quickly bleeds out of him as he watches Feris purposefully guide Cassie away from Stella.

Raphael takes another sip of the cerulean bilge-water before answering his teammate. He looks John in the eyes and says "Part Owner, I think."

The vampire's eyes tell John that the newcomer is exactly what he thinks he is.
“From what I remember of my time bussing tables and bar backing, owners and managers get very little time to relax,” John observed. “We’ll have to make a point of not disturbing him and his companion. Momma Giorino May have made a point of making time for her bambini, but there was no question that she was the one pulling the most hours there — especially since so many of them were off the clock.

“The cooks both loved and hated the fact that she lived in an apartment just upstairs,” John said, looking into Emi’s eyes as long as he dared. “They hated that she would come downstairs and tell them that they were messing up what they were preparing but were grateful that she was always there to fix it. The Johnson and Wales students who would work there said they learned as much from her in two weeks as they did in some semesters.

“I didn’t know you favored the Castle as well,” John continued as he turned back to Raphael in an attempt to maintain coherence of thought. “Watching Emi play that Kaiju against Drake made me glad she had not used it against me and glad I did not inadvertently choose it when selecting the one I played. I should probably spend some time trying the others out, if there is going to be a tournament. I’m not convinced the one I chose matched my play style well.” He turned to Emi. “Unless it is one player per Kaiju. Can you have two of the same fight one another in tournament play?”