Quote Originally Posted by Anymage View Post
You have some people thinking the argument is that intimidating = hulking build because you have other people openly saying that intimidating = hulking build.
I think most people in this discussion are smart enough to form their own opinion, and aren't just thinking that hulking builds are intimidating because someone else said it.

The more general sense of letting people use whatever stat they can justify, I'm more open to that due to the extreme simplicity of the 5e skill system. Especially if the character invests proficiency into a skill. But that in general means that the barbarian is just as scary as anyone else who invests in being scary, not that the huge mountain of a man is somehow especially so.
I agree with people using whatever they can justify, although I think that intelligence or dexterity being justifiable for intimidate will be niche (because it's less visible, and less inherently intimidating), while strength will be frequent (because it is often visible and is inherently intimidating).