Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
The controls aren't sluggish though, DS3 has the fastest and most forgiving roles in the franchise; hell, the iframes on them are forgiving compared to a lot of games, it's pathetically easy to dodge in DS3 compared to say Devil May Cry. It's just you never hit the base level of mechanical competence needed to beat Iudex Gundyr. That's not like a "you suck at video games" jab, it's probably just that the mechanics didn't gel with you.
There's not a single sentence in this entire thread that I disagree with more than than this. Devil May Cry's combat is a thousand times smoother and more intuitive than Dark Souls. I'm definitely no DMC prodigy, but avoiding attacks in that game is significantly easier than what I played of DS3, at least when it comes to bosses (regular enemies may be another story).

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
My contention would be the word "sluggish". To me, that's code for "doesn't control well". And that's generally not the case with Souls games. Demons Souls has some issues with it due to the more limited control scheme and the game having a rougher design than its successors. Dark Souls 2 does feel sluggish, with more pronounced animation lock and input lag that have stopped me revisiting the game entirely even though it had a lot of interesting ideas.
I meant exactly what I said.