Double Date
John spots Emi’s eyebrows quirk up ever so slightly in surprise and draw down as her gaze darts briefly over at her boyfriend. John, if I sounded upset, my tone was harsher than I meant for it to be. While I have been… surprised by a few things tonight, you’ve never spoken to anyone other than Emi. I am enjoying myself. Raphael and Stella are a nice change of pace from my normal acquaintances, and I am very much looking forward to my food after how good these scallops have tasted.

Under the table, she reaches over and squeezes John’s thigh. Whatever you need help figuring out, I’m here for you, John. Nothing has changed. If it wasn’t obvious after I rushed back to base to see you for all of ten minutes earlier today, my feelings for you are strong. A little overwhelming at times, she admits. Surely, you don’t think I’m that fickle?

Emi smiles at Raphael as her competitive side emerges. “I’ll be sure to give it my all. We’ll see who the better Castle player is by the end.”

“The blonde one,” Stella replies to Raphael. “He said to give you his regards too before he pulled Cassie away.”

Lana returns with a large tray full of their orders and sets each plate down carefully. “Enjoy,” she says after making sure no one needed anything.

Keith
Aeryn gives Keith a small smile once the pain mostly passes. “You’ve already helped a lot. Thank y—” he’s cut off by another cough. He takes another few shallow breaths before he passes out completely.

Manny
Wolf jumps back down into the pit and the people cower away for a moment before the bravest of them steps forward and lets the chimera pick him up and jump and claw his way back to the top to drop the woman off. He repeats this until everyone is out of the pit.

Zodiac’s ears twitch a growl builds in her chest. She quickly stifles it when the people look nervously over at her. “I can hear the Raeksha,” she says to Manny. “We need to get out of here. Quickly.