Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
Double Date
John spots Emi’s eyebrows quirk up ever so slightly in surprise and draw down as her gaze darts briefly over at her boyfriend. John, if I sounded upset, my tone was harsher than I meant for it to be. While I have been… surprised by a few things tonight, you’ve never spoken to anyone other than Emi. I am enjoying myself. Raphael and Stella are a nice change of pace from my normal acquaintances, and I am very much looking forward to my food after how good these scallops have tasted.

Under the table, she reaches over and squeezes John’s thigh. Whatever you need help figuring out, I’m here for you, John. Nothing has changed. If it wasn’t obvious after I rushed back to base to see you for all of ten minutes earlier today, my feelings for you are strong. A little overwhelming at times, she admits. Surely, you don’t think I’m that fickle?
No, John yips as Emi’s hand reaches his thigh. Ahem. No. I don’t find you fickle at all. But I suspect you have high standards for me to meet and I want to make sure I meet them.

He pushed the memory of Ian telling him the last guy had not lasted a week — along with the detail that they had been dating for less time than that — to the back of his mind.

Given all of the unexpected twists that have come along today, I think I have gotten a little jumpy and it’s beginning to affect me. I mean, the two vampires at the bar did give me some pause and the arrival of another whose age is likely measured in centuries rather than decades made me sit up and take notice. But when I noticed that Stella appears to have met her haf- or full sister, who appears to be the thrall of a centuries old vampire, for the first time at the bar, it struck me as the kind of thing that could end up complicating or derailing the evening.

I keep finding myself in increasingly absurd good new-bad news jokes with her. ‘Hey, sorry about the greater demon slowly destroying your brother’s soul but good news! You have a sister — who happens to be an elder vampire’s thrall.

At least they’ll have something to talk about.

For what it is worth, I’m, um…I’m feeling a little overwhelmed at the though of you as well — much, I suspect, to the amusement of your father. And my experience with relationships is somewhat limited.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
Emi smiles at Raphael as her competitive side emerges. “I’ll be sure to give it my all. We’ll see who the better Castle player is by the end.”

“The blonde one,” Stella replies to Raphael. “He said to give you his regards too before he pulled Cassie away.”

Lana returns with a large tray full of their orders and sets each plate down carefully. “Enjoy,” she says after making sure no one needed anything.
“Cassie?” John asks Stella with a hint of surprise as he waits for the ladies to lift their forks. “I gather you knew the young lady you spoke with at the bar, then?”