Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
Double Date
There’s a light chuckle in John’s head as Emi’s hand climbs just slightly higher before she pulls it away. Please, John. Relax. You’re doing exceptional. I’m also very new at this, and I want to apologize if I caused you distress with what I said earlier.

Emi glances over at the vampire and Cassie. I can’t hear either of their thoughts, she says. You think that she’s been enthralled? And that the woman is Stella’s sister?
Thrall in a broa-hauder sense of the term — a helper or companion rather than one whose mind has been overwhelmed, although that is entirely possible. As to their familial relationship… John projected images of Cassie and Stella making the same movement then rotated their faces to show the similarities in their profiles. They could be close cousins, of course —where Stella’s mother and a sibling married into the same family, for example. But the two move the same and have very similar appearances. While Stella has blue eyes, her bother’s are darker, like the lady’s in question.

I don’t know as there is anything we need to do right now. I will try and confirm things with some research later this evening. Assuming, that is, that the memory of your touch does not blow out all semblance of thought from me.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
Stella shakes her head as she puts her cloth napkin in her lap and picks up her knife and fork. “No, Thaddeus said her name when he asked if she wanted a drink.”
Odd — but not quite odd — that she would instinctively use Cassie’s name and not feel the need to clarify the reference, John considered — still only just able to focus as large sections of his mind were still focused on Emi’s touch. Perhaps she has an instinctual, subconscious recognition.

However, it did mean he had a full name to begin his search: Cassie (perhaps Cassandra) Bordreaux.