Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
Keith
Keith can feel Aeryn’s pulse very faintly on his fingers. It’s very fast, faster than any human heart could beat. His skin is even colder now that it was a few minutes ago.

Kenzie turns the corner and rushes back down the alley with a small plastic bag in her hand. She sees that Aeryn’s unconscious a quickly sets down the bag. “Help me get his jacket off. It’s fireproof.” With Keith’s help she strips the alien of his top layer, leaving the t-shirt underneath, then grabs Keith’s cloak. “You’re fine burning this, right?” she asks as she wraps it around Aeryn.

She then douses her teammate with lighter fluid and pushes Keith back with one hand before she strikes a match and throws it onto Aeryn’s chest. Flames burst into life for several seconds before they start to get sucked into Aeryn’s skin. After a full minute of being aflame, the alien takes a great, gasping breath and his eyes open again— this time a dull orange instead of almost black.
Keith grimaces at Aeryn’s temp and shakes his head. “At least you’ve still got that pulse. But dude, you’re startin’ to really worry me here.”

When Kenzie gets back, Keith nods at her orders and helps her get Aeryn’s jacket off. He then helps wrap the cloak around him. Just nodding as she makes sure he’s ok with burning it.

“Yeah, just glad it didn’t get entirely destroyed so we can use it for this.”

He steps back when she pushes him back and watches as she lights the flame. He wondered how many times they had to do this for him during his time at South Side. Then again, did Kenzie know about it before Keith remembered? Maybe they were all a bit in shock at trying to figure out what to do. He still wanted payback though, and the others would still maybe have to fight that Raeksha again if it came back around.

“Hey, thanks for helpin’ me keep thinkin’ straight. Also, what do I owe ya for the matches and lighter fluid?” He chuckles a bit.

After a minute of burning and hearing the gasp from Aeryn, Keith sighs in relief. Good thing that worked! He just has a wide grin on his face.

“Glad that helped out a bit. How ya feelin’ bud?” Keith checked his watch, it shouldn't be too much longer for Seraph to get there. Then he glanced back at the sewer entrance.

“Wonder if they’ve found everyone yet….” He thought aloud.