1. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Level 10 Magical Secrets - Lore Bard in Princes of the Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by PallyBass View Post
    This is a very good point! I forgot about Fey Touched, its a great feat. In that case if you are able to fit Fey Touched into your build at level 12 then for the magical secrets grab Spiritual Weapon if you find you don't use your bonus action often in combat OR grab Fireball for a solid blast spell option to use against low HP hordes.
    I actually have Fey Touched already. Overall, I think my PC has a decent amount of concentration & support spells, a surprising only OK amount of control spells, and some damage, albeit utilizing my 5th level slots (Animate Objects & Synaptic Static)

Cantrip: Firebolt, Mind Sliver, Guidance, Vicious Mockery, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Message, Mage Hand
    1st: Command (Fey Touched), Dissonant Whispers, Faerie Fire, Healing Word, Shield
    2nd: Heat Metal, Hold Person, Mirror Image, Misty Step (Fey Touched)
    3rd: Counterspell (MS6), Revivify (MS6), Hypnotic Pattern, Dispel Magic
    4th: Polymorph, Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door
    5th: Animate Object, Synaptic Static

With the Wizard covering Wall of Force, Bigby's, and Steel Wind Strike, the Twilight Cleric covering Circle of Power, Spirit Guardians, Spiritual Weapon, I think that my best bet would be either additional control spells. non-concentration spells, and perhaps a spell that is LOWER than 5th level. Based on feedback from this community, here and elsewhere, I am thinking that perhaps I should revise my shortlist:

• Telekinesis (this feels like a lock)
    • Banishment (forgot about this one, but I do already have some save or sucks spells)
    • Find Greater Steed (assuming DM doesn't nerf it in dungeon)
    • Wall of Force (despite the repeat with Wizard)
    • some alternatives:
    • Transmute Rock (non-concentration control spell that seems tailor made for a dungeon crawl. Anyone with experience with this one?)
    • Absorb Elements (I screwed up with my Sorcerer dip and didn't take this the first time, so perhaps pick up due to the overwhelming elemental nature of this campaign?)
    • Conjure Animals (feels like it competes with Animate Objects, but may still be a good damage/control combo spell that scales well into late game)
    • Summon Draconic Spirit (my thinking here is that I am facing a ton of elemental damage daily, so could doubly aid in damage, a potential mount for an hour, and resistance to whichever damage type I'm facing in combat).

Does this sound about right?
    Last edited by bsullivanp; 2022-10-17 at 09:40 PM.