Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
Double Date
The clues were all there, Emi replies. Especially after doing some more research on the Darkwatch and meeting him in person. His thoughts are hidden from me as well, similarly to Harbinger or Seraph’s. It was obvious to me when he came down the stairs that he wasn’t human.

She glances over at John and smiles just a little. I don’t mind you saying that. Besides, you’re supposed to feel a little possessive over your girlfriend, aren’t you?

Stella cuts into her lamb and finds it perfectly rare. “Had you met him before?” she asks carefully.
Girlfriend, John thought giddily. It sounded incredible when she said it — so incredible that he almost missed the name — Fenris. No, wait: Feris. Fenris was the wolf-child of Loki, scheduled to consume the sun during Ragnarok. Feris was the centuries old girlfriend. Vampire.

Feris. It was unique enough to stand out but perhaps not so unique to be easily found. Still, it was a start.

So I’m told, John replied. Determining what counts as a little and what counts as too much seems like an important distinction to learn from one’s girlfriend.

Would I be correct in guessing you are East Side’s primary investigator, then? In between determining I speak Angelical and Raphael’s undead status, you appear to have uncovered a good bit after our initial meeting.