Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
Double Date
I am pretty adept at it, Emi says as they float up to the window. Though I won’t complain about your excuse to be close to me.
In a week or two, I can claim to be keeping you warm in the cool night air, John suggested as he gently slipped his arm around her, should I need to shift my justification for the sake of variety or plausibility.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
Sidney doesn’t move or acknowledge anything, continuing to stare off into space.

Elvira moves in front of Sidney, opening her wings to block Stella, and everyone else’s, line of sight to her.

“Hi, Elvira,” Stella says softly. “You know something’s wrong, don’t you? I want to help her.”

The vulture tilts her head and lets out a sad, grinding chirp, but doesn’t move.
Sidney appears catatonic, Dee observes sadly to Emi. Can you work on her from this range? I know it would be child’s play for you to reach her telepathically from here but I don’t know how close you need to be for the kind of healing work you were conducting with your father on Sunday.

Spoiler: She fit WHAT in its beak?
Show

John scanned the room below them, studying the space, the relationship of the birds to one another, and the position of his friend. The smaller birds appeared to be helpers rather than potential extras in a remake of Hitchcock’s classic. Elvira, however, was another matter — although she appeared to know and was comfortable with Stella. Even if it did not have a mini gun cleverly hidden in its beak, its size alone would make it a threat.

That presented one option: The offering of Tyr. He could offer to stand in front of Elvira while she aimed at him while Emi and Stella helped Sidney.

Depending on Emi’s range, he and Raphael could make sure she was protected while she healed her.

He could withdraw his magical support of Harbinger and suppress the AIs present in the room — although he wasn’t certain he wanted Clea to know he knew how to do that, in case it became a trust issue.

He could try and explain to Elvira the importance of their being given a chance to help.

He could continue to hover here with his and resting on Emi’s hip — perhaps snuggling…no. Not helpful.

John considered, weighing his options.

Spoiler: Assessing the Situation
Show
Assessing the Situation: 2d6+2 8
What is their best option for getting an opportunity to help Sidney?