Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Heroic is my cup of tea as well. Having said that, I enjoy PF1's approach to Mythic - i.e. it's a temporary and plot-based power boost that you can grant to the players for a period, and then remove as needed without needing to massively rework their sheets.
Y'know I've looked at that book once or twice, and honestly could never wrap my head around what it was trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPhyre View Post
I was mostly talking about game styles. As in "how does this particular table play. And what kinds of stories and settings do they use." Not of systems (although some systems do some styles better than others as a general rule). And certainly not fictional stories as a whole. Or even settings as a whole.

And I've given up on grand unifying theories. These were more of definitions so I could sum up the things I like in a few words. Loose conversational shorthand, if you will.
I think that's a much more useful context to express the terms in. I just feel like the conversation's bounced back and forth as to the scope under discussion and as a result kind of lost the basic thread.