View Single Post

Thread: Wierdest inspiration for campaigns.

1. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Wierdest inspiration for campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanarii View Post
    All my campaigns use this weird inspiration called: not based on a movie or book plot. Because those generally make for terrible railroad "campaigns" at best.

I look for inspiration in setting or events to design either adventure sites and actual campaigns. I look for inspiration from organization concepts for Big Bad Evil Organizations. Those can be real or stolen from books or movies, but honestly it's best to just steal the idea them direct from work someone else has already done for an RPGs.

I can see Episodic TV shows with "adventure of the episode" vaguely working. But it'd need to be very loosely inspired. But since my favorite shows were Futurama and Family Guy, I've never bothered.
    See i didn't really borrow plot elements for my jujutsu kaisen game I'm currently running I'm just using the setting and having the pcs make characters in that setting. I got 2 to 4 bad guy groups in mind and i made them all up for this campaign. The only thing I'm really using is the setting itself and the power system.

Edit that's how i personally use inspiration. Though i don't mind the idea of people using plot elements for there games tho. I just prefer to use the setting itself as a canvas to paint my own ideas on.
    Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 2022-11-09 at 03:12 AM.