Quote Originally Posted by Easy e View Post
I do hear what you are saying about Roll20 groups, keeping to schedule, and that other people online suck. I am sorry it is happening to you. I hear you and your are being seen for the frustrations you are having.

That said, it seems like you are not looking for advise on this thread, so can you clue me into what you do want from this thread?

Apropo of nothing:
I also find that online games lack... a lot of something that makes TTRPGs great. Perhaps because I spend all day on Zoom calls, so when I tried to game via online..... it felt too much like work?

@Tanarii- I love that you are having such success with open table gaming at the store. I have never found that, and it often led me to think "The worst thing about being a nerd, is having to deal with other nerds!"

Perhaps I need to recalibrate my expectations.
I just said that I was frustrated, not that I wanted advice that I obviously can't follow. I had even made the end of my post sorta self-mocking because I knew I was metaphorically urinating into the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy e View Post
@Tanarii- I love that you are having such success with open table gaming at the store. I have never found that, and it often led me to think "The worst thing about being a nerd, is having to deal with other nerds!"

Perhaps I need to recalibrate my expectations.
The hobby is totally full of people less socially skilled than I was at 20, and I was as introvert as I could be. Straight up be people who are amazed girls/women exist. These people are real, I have met them.

Granted, I've had such a small number of girls or women play in my campaigns or at other campaigns I was in. I've literally had twice as many people (each) who were autistic, transgender, from South America, Libertarian, Anarchist, from Eastern Europe, personally had been or was a soldier.... and I think some other rare demographic I can't recall right now.