View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1270 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1270 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Just realized this means Serini wasn't aware that Dorukan was already dead at the time.
    I love stories that thread together elements that were going on all along, and the partaker doesn't realize it until well after the fact (if at all). And even stories where it might not've been the intent all along, but it's at least a well-played device to make you think about all the things you didn't know or took for granted. (^_^) <3
    ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    This also means Serini probably assumed the Order destroyed the Gate for no reason as well,
    Well, actually...

maybe even killed dorukan either by accident or intentionally. Which in turn gives more reason for her reluctance to respond to V's sendings.
    Interesting points. Someone asserted* earlier that Serini (now) knows Xykon killed Dorukan, but first impressions linger. If one of us were in a store (where our friend worked in a back office) an hour before it blew up and killed everyone therein, and we thought the explosion killed our friend... even if we found out later that someone had killed our friend beforehand, we'd still have a lot of lingering ill will toward whoever set off the explosion.

Also I half-wonder if the Giant might've intended us to re-examine the morality of Elan's decision. Not only was he killing the presumably-monstrous remaining inhabitants for lulz, for all he knew then he might've been killing Dorukan or any other good employees who we never saw.

* - I believe it to be true, but I was too lazy to verify it because it matches what I think I remember, thus "asserted"
    ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Halghare View Post
    "Kind of overdid it on the bat flip" is most likely a reference to Phillies' player Rhys Hoskins spiking the bat (seen here at 0:04), which has become something of a meme in baseball circles, apparently?
    Not to mention the interspherical violence. What he did to that poor ball was cold-blooded murder. XD

(Or as I've heard other fans say in similar circumstances, jeez Rhys - that ball had a wife and kids, you know!)
    Last edited by arimareiji; 2022-11-12 at 12:07 PM. Reason: minor refactors
    "Just a Sec Mate" avatar courtesy of Gengy. I'm often somewhere between it, and this gif. (^_~)
    Founding (and so far, only) member of the Greyview Appreciation Society
    "Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat."