Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
Still not into that theory, I guess it's stopped being a theory with this page, because that one line of dialogue doesn't make much of a character. But that's just my opinion. Good comic.
The exact wording is

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
Someone who has appeared in exactly one (1) page of the story so far (including all the prequel stories) will become an important ally in the first half of the next book.
Nothing about how many lines of dialogue they had, or how important a character they were (the word "character" isn't even used).

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
1. In the last few weeks, the Philadelphia Phillies and the Houston Astros were in the World Series. (Astros won 4-2). One of their best hitters (the Phillies) is Bryce Harper - he bats left handed. I suspect that may have informed the side of the plate Sunny was hitting from. (Rich is from Philly). That choice may also have been made for artistic reasons in re faces to the front for the panels.
I didn't even think of that as a reference, possibly because baseball players have a higher percentage of left-handers among them than the general population does. Is Rich left-handed? That's the first thing that came to mind for me. Also, as a left-hander, I appreciate the representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Halghare View Post
"Kind of overdid it on the bat flip" is most likely a reference to Phillies' player Rhys Hoskins spiking the bat (seen here at 0:04), which has become something of a meme in baseball circles, apparently?
I didn't even know it was a meme. I just thought it was funny because I know what a bat flip is and nobody ever thinks about the consequences of flipping a sentient bat.