View Single Post

Thread: Me, Maw-self, and I - IC

1. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Me, Maw-self, and I - IC

Steven was right. This building looked nothing more than a derelict cube were it not for a couple people sitting in the breezeway and a few kids playing catch in the patchy lawn. It consisted of two stories, four doors on each floor leading to what one can only assume are small apartments each. Some windows were boarded up and there were extra supports holding up what must be considered a patio covering. though not much more than some untreated plywood held aloft for shade.

As they approach, a tall wiry man exits the front bottom right doorway and rushes towards Steven, Where in the world have you been Steven? When you didn't come home from school we all looked everywhere for you! You weren't at The Spot. You weren't at City Hall! Even Miranda didn't know where you went and.. Steven, what happened to your leg?! The man takes a look at his leg and with surprising ease he picks up Steven and takes him back inside. He lays him on the table and begins to dress the wound.

Max stands there uncomfortably trying to process all that's happened, when one of the kids stops and asks, Why do you have a scarf covering your face? Aren't you really hot? Not looking down Max replies, It's a fashion statement. and begins to step and walk away.

Don't move! I'll be with you in a minute! the man calls out from in the room.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-13 at 04:42 PM.