Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
well, for SAO the feel is more that I'm thankful for missing the original thing, for 40k its more I'm thankful for things that are not the wargame because while I'm discovering that I'm an Eldar fan I do really not want to spend money on getting actual models or play the game even though Eldar look cool, and superheroes well.....I do wish I could get into them more but at the same time I'm recognizing that some pieces of pop culture are like the sun or a campfire: provide warmth when you experience them from a distance but you don't want to actually touch them or get near them, so you enjoy what radiation they give off by gradually figuring out stuff is the best and what everyone of the genre and thing loves so you go view that while ignoring all the bad stuff so even if I do get more into superhero comics that probably what I'd end up doing anyways: just figuring out all the complete standalone stories everyone likes and recommends and just going for those without getting too deep into the weeds and storylines.
Honestly that sounds like the best way to engage this sorta stuff.