1. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Anonymouswizard's Astoundingly Assonant Random Banter #240

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    unfortunately, they didn't give you a chance. And yes, you will find a lot of scammers on any platform, as well as people who are looking for a date and not a relationship.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to hear that you have ADHD and autism. So does my daughter, and your writing style reminds me very much of hers. She's 8 though... I have ADHD only.

Your enthusiasm is great, and I certainly think that being your authentic self is important, especially when considering dating. When I say your writing style is simplistic, I mean something different. Here is the impression I get:

- You are happy to share your opinions
    - You have learned how to list the positive and negative aspects of something, and how to give a short description.
    - You are interested in others' opinions and actively ask for them
    - You acknowledge other people's ideas.

What I don't see a lot of in your writing is

- Engagement with other people's ideas. You can agree or disagree with them, but the interesting part will always be why, and you don't often elaborate. If you agree with them, does that change your opinion, and how?
    - Explanation and exploration of ideas. Can you back up your opinions with facts? Can you give details to explain your opinions? Can you make connections between other ideas and the subjects you are writing about? Do you have any life experiences that might be relevant to your topic?
    - Nuance, which requires conjecture and imagination. Can you imagine multiple points of view on a topic? Can there be more than one possible explanation for why something happens? Are there other possible reactions to a situation? And then - once we acknowledge that there is usually not one "right" point of view - what part of you pulls you towards one idea over another?
    Thank you for your constructive criticism of my writing style. I'm trying to increase my vocabulary so I could be a bit more intellectual and fluent in English. Also, I'm very high functioning and I want to become more independent so I could live in an apartment on my own. Here are a few things that you may or may not know about me:

I used to have a serious anger problem and I have been in the psych ward twice. I got so much help with my old-day treatment program and medication helped me a lot that was back in the early 2010s. I used to be 5% happy and 95% angry. But now I'm 95% happy and 5% angry. I do get upset but not that much anymore. Also, I work as an archivist and sometimes receptionist and I've been working at the job for 6 years. (January will be 7 years.) I enjoy my job. I have great co-workers and supervisors. That is about it if you have any other questions. I'll be very happy to answer.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2022-11-17 at 01:54 AM.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!