Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
Hello everyone. Today I'm going to talk about the most iconic villain team in Pokemon anime known as Team Rocket. Yes, they are well known for attempting to catch Ash's Pikachu multiple times for so many years and they always fail to achieve their goal. In my opinion, they're not entirely evil per se. They're more chaotic than evil which is a surprise to me that I've come across this article that Team Rocket is Chaotic Neutral. https://www.thegamer.com/pokemon-vil...ral-alignment/ I read the article that Team Rocket is Chaotic Neutral because they don't follow the tradition of rules and regulations of the law. They do so many random things and they are very unpredictable to catch Pikachu and the morality of good and evil is irrelevant to them. I don't know if this comes as a shock or surprise to some people but it is a surprise to me that Team Rocket is Chaotic Neutral. I just want to hear everyone's thoughts about Team Rocket not being evil.
Jesse, James, and Meowth have been seen to actually be held back by their obsession of capturing Pikachu. Without that they are pretty goofy, but are extremely loving to their own Pokemon and pretty successful as trainers/coordinators in their own right. But they have this goal of being successful Rockets which is, well, bad in so many ways. Bad for them, bad for the people around them, bad even for the Rockets!

But yeah, it's hard to consider them actually evil, more misguided instead.

Mind you, that article is ridiculous. 'trying to wipe out everyone equally is True Neutral!' has to be one of the more insane statements I've read lately. That's evil. Also Team Aqua and Team Magma have the exact same motive and methods, just with one focused on water and the other on land. Why is Aqua LN and Magma LE?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
No, Team Rocket's evil.

They basically do the cartoon version of this:
Rocket Grunt: Hey cute dog
pet owner: thanks! he's my best friend.
*rocket grunt shoots pet owner in the chest* BANG!
*dog begins barking*
Rocket Grunt: I'm taking it.
Pet Owner: *screaming loudly in agony on the ground as they bleed out*
Rocket Grunt: shut up you mutt
*Rocket Grunt kicks and beats up the the dog a bit until it stops resisting*
Dog: whine....
*Rocket Grunt then picks up the dog by the collar*
Rocket Grunt: Your a rare breed, I'mma sell you for so much money.
*pet owner dies from gunshot wound, dog is sold illegally and shipped to some random country*

like they literally are thugs who take your beloved pet by any force necessary to sell for cold hard cash without caring what happens to you or what pain it causes as long as they get their benefit. inflicting cruelty for their own benefit its evil by any definition of the word.
That's Team Rocket in general. Specifically the team of James, Jessie, and Meowth is a lot less malevolent.